Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Stealing this from the iOS thread, because I think 10.11 should have one!

I think it would be fun if we share our 10.11 concepts before tomorrow (or today's depending on your time zone) event!

Here's mine. It took forever to find a wallpaper that I really, REALLY liked. Introducing OS X 10.11 Malibu!

OS-X-Malibu-mockup.jpg

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
If I had had more time, I would've mocked up a dark mode which was system-wide and come up with a couple more inventive slogans. Alas, I only had 15 minutes, so this is what I came up with. The idea behind 'taken to the Macs' was a focus on performance and stability rather than adding lots of iOS features.

d4KI1HM.png

The system font has changed to San Francisco if you look closely!

Reactions: 0000757

Chad-VI

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2014
The real wallpaper appears in the following image from WWDC 2015:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 254

T909

Suspended
Aug 16, 2008
Europe
El Capitan - is that an OS name? Really???
Yeah and he was telling how long it took them to choose a name.
What kind of morons work at Apple? Most of these features a new OS X had have been on Windows for years. (Putting apps side by side easily) and most of the new things in Safari have been on Chrome for awhile already as well…
And everybody applauds… Shocked.

aldrinjtauro

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Birmingham, AL
What kind of morons work at Apple? Most of these features a new OS X had have been on Windows for years. (Putting apps side by side easily) and most of the new things in Safari have been on Chrome for awhile already as well…

The funny thing is, you were actually watching Google I/O 2013.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012

Exactly, what a bunch of air.
I've gone to Chrome only 2 weeks ago, and laughed all along this Safari show-off.

Reactions: T909

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I've come to realize those people "wooing" in the crowd are placed there by apple. The 10.11 name reminds me of my favorite baseball player, Derek Jeter.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Microsoft completely ripped-off Mission Control in Windows 10. Pretty sure that entitles Apple to take some ideas back to OS X

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Microsoft completely ripped-off Mission Control in Windows 10. Pretty sure that entitles Apple to take some ideas back to OS X

Thank you.

I guess only Apple gets criticized for stealing, from supposed Apple fans. :rolleyes:

Variant

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
Thank you.

I guess only Apple gets criticized for stealing, from supposed Apple fans. :rolleyes:
No one is criticizing them for using a MS Windows feature. It's the way they act like it's brand new and revolutionary that irks people.

Reactions: T909

T909

Suspended
Aug 16, 2008
Europe
No one is criticizing them for using a MS Windows feature. It's the way they act like it's brand new and revolutionary that irks people.
I wasn't criticising in that sense. It's just there's nothing revolutionary anymore. My problem is that I have a PC from 2004 and it came with XP and it can run Windows 8.1 and it will be able to run Windows 10 too. You still receive security updates on Windows Vista, which came out the same year as Leopard. (Of course there aren't so many apps that can run on Windows Vista anymore, new ones I mean), but it still receives security updates. Why couldn't Leopard get security updates? Why's OS X Lion already dead? I paid darn good money for my white MacBook and lets face it…It's kinda crappy and I could've gotten a better PC for that price, but back then I was a hardcore Apple fan.
Windows can be great too if installed on the right hardware and it can be blazingly fast and to be fair, I haven't had an issue with viruses even on Windows nor on Mac.

I used to study IT and as our programming teacher used to say: "The only problem exist between the computer and a chair"

I cannot see why they give same features to Lion as they gave to Mountain Lion, why couldn't they skip Mountain Lion and Mavericks and support PowerPCs a little bit longer. I cannot see why they had to create a new OS with "new features" that others already had.

Mac OS X used to be revolutionary. Tiger and Leopard were awesome.

I see Apple running out of creativity. Yosemite was all great and cool with it's new features (Yes, I actually liked the OS) and even if my Mac can run OS X 10.11 then I won't upgrade, because there's nothing new in it. I'll upgrade it when Yosemite loses it's security updates support, but that's about it.

It was very embarrassing to see people clapping over the features that Google Chrome and Microsoft Windows have had for years. It's okay to "copy" them, but don't bring these things out as new features. New features are something that nobody else has.

OS X could've had a better name. They were like: "It took so long for us to figure out the name". I bet many of us could've come up with a better name.

New OS X could've had Siri built into it and it could've had features that Windows and Linux distros don't have yet.

It could've at least had customisable themes, Siri (I already mentioned that), more new apps for web design (as we had iWeb)

Also new Macs could come with a finger print reader as many PCs have had for years. There are many new features that there should've been. Apple is pretty much dead for me and I am starting to see what Apple is like.

I am very happy with my Android phone. It's faster than an iPhone (iPhone 5s), it's dust and water proof and it has 2GB of RAM.

Apple should change it's behaviour and be revolutionary soon. And I am not the only one disappointed in the new OS and in Apple.

It might be true that if Jobs is gone then Apple is gone.

Reactions: Variant

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sorry I was too lazy to install San Francisco especially for this... My design is a timeless classic work of art, inspired by the creations of Sir Jony Ive.

elcap.jpg

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
The only thing they said was something along the lines of "We added some extra and powerful multitasking features". Over sensitive much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.