Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
GA
I would like to design a web site for my community featuring a very easy way to check dates and times of events in the community (town).

I have never done anything like this before and I am wondering if some of you could give me ideas that would make it "easy".
I was wondering if there may be a particular program you would recommend or have you have seen a "template" for doing this?

What I have in mind is something like this:
At the homepage there is a large Calendar in the center. Vertically along the left side are tabs for types of organizations, e.g., Schools; Civic Clubs; Churches; Non-Profits; etc. Of course when you click on a tab then you get a list of all the organizations of that type.

So if I want to know whats going on Tuesday evening 3/5/02 I can click on that date on the calendar and all the events listed will come up in chronological order along with a couple of sentences about the event. OR if someone knows the name of the organization or event they can look it up under the tabs, where they would also see all the events listed for that organization, past or future.

a) how could I set this up (using Mac) given that I have never created a website?
b) would it be possible to set it up so that the info gets to the website via "postings"?

Thanks for your HELP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.