Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

App Tyrant

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Hi all,

I'd like to share with you my Mac application Desktop Ghost Pro. In a nutshell, the app allows you to easily hide and show all the files on your desktop. You can run the app as a menubar app or a standard app (your choice). The application also lets you configure Global Hotkeys for showing and hiding all files on the desktop. Check the demo video out below. If you like it, you can get it for just a couple of bucks on the Mac App Store here. I use the app all the time to take screenshots.

Features:
-Instantly hide and show all files on your desktop.
-Optionally run the app as a menubar extra application for easy access.
-Use Global Hotkeys to show and hide everything on your desktop without using the mouse.
-Easily set Desktop Ghost Pro to run when you log in to your Mac (optional feature, disabled by default).

DesktopGhostProWindowscreenshot.jpg

DesktopGhostMacScreenshotAnnotatedBefore.jpeg

DesktopGhostProHiddenScreenshot.jpg

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the app here or you can reach me by using my Contact page (https://apptyrant.com/contact/)

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

App Tyrant

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Desktop Ghost Pro version 1.5 update has been released!

Here's what's new:
-You can right click the desktop to show and hide files in Finder's context menu via the new Finder Extension.

-A "Show Desktop Contents" button has been added. If you click this button, a window will show up
displaying the contents of your desktop. Even if files are hidden, you can get to those hidden files on the desktop from this window.

-You can now tell Desktop Ghost Pro to exclude files that are on your desktop from participating in show and hide file operations.

-The icon image in the menubar is now larger.

New screenshots below:

desktopghostproscreenshotoffinderextensioncontextmenu.png

DesktopGhostOnePointFiveMainWindowScreenshot.jpg

DesktopGhostProMenuBarAppModeVersionOnePointFive.jpg

DesktopGhostProOnePointFiveMainWindowScreenshotWithGlobalHotkeySettingsWindowShwoing.jpg

App Tyrant

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Desktop Ghost Pro version 1.6 has been released, adding support for Dark Mode on macOS Mojave.

desktopghostpromacappscreenshotdarkmodeJpeg.jpg

desktopghostpromacappscreenshotdarkmodesettingswindowshowingJpeg.jpg

desktopghostpromacappscreenshotmenubarmodeJpeg.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.