Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
New Mexico
When I first installed Tiger all those months ago, one thing I noticed is that desktop icons began to appear behind the Dock. This makes it hard to read their names or drag them with the mouse. I seemed to remember icons never appearing behind the Dock in Panther, instead moving up to the next column at the top of the desktop.

Is there a way to stop icons from appearing behind the Dock in Tiger? It's ugly and frustrating. I hoped they would change this behavior in 10.4.3, but they didn't.

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
slb said:
When I first installed Tiger all those months ago, one thing I noticed is that desktop icons began to appear behind the Dock. This makes it hard to read their names or drag them with the mouse. I seemed to remember icons never appearing behind the Dock in Panther, instead moving up to the next column at the top of the desktop.

Is there a way to stop icons from appearing behind the Dock in Tiger? It's ugly and frustrating. I hoped they would change this behavior in 10.4.3, but they didn't.

I had this problem too but 10.4.3 does appear to have fixed it for me. I've not had the problem since 10.4.3 and I just ran a test creating a bunch of files on the desktop with textedit and they flowed correctly to the next column.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.