Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricky89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
When there will be the possibility desktop mode on ios I hope on ios 13 will there be this possibility?
If you know something, let me know.
Thank you.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
When there will be the possibility desktop mode on ios I hope on ios 13 will there be this possibility?
If you know something, let me know.
Thank you.
Nobody here knows anything, but it's extremely unlikely that iOS will ever act like a Mac.

Reactions: MEJHarrison

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
Like Samsung Dex? It would be pretty nice for different cases. But yeah, I don’t think that’ll happen.

LTENETWORK

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2017
it won't happen until Tim Cook is gone. He hates the idea of iOS/MacOS turning into Windows Surface.

No he don't hate, but this mean needs to rewrite MacOS or need to use builtin iOS RE. This mean more Apple will go own way. They will release MacBook with Apple CPU.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Why would they ever do that??

The reverse is so much more likely...and yes, MS actually is way ahead if the game here, but Apple could learn from them and do it so much better.

Making mobile apps the standard on laptops/computers (albeit, way more powerful and comprehensive like they are today) makes way more sense.

They will converge eventually when mobile chips catch up and the only difference will be screen size and how you utilize the programs.

Don’t you guys watch sci-fi movies??

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Isn't the iPad already sort of "Desktop Mode"? I get it thats not on your phone. So I think if you want something like Dex your best option with apple is an iPad.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I think it's possible that one day you could hook your iPhone/iPad into a monitor and get the same iOS, but with obviously a lot more screen real estate, multi windows, etc. This is a bit of a stretch, but certainly possible. I think Apple will continue to add macOS-like features to iOS for iPad and continue to expand on it's capabilities that way. That's the more likely, and better move in my eyes. iOS already surpasses macOS in a lot of ways for me, I'd rather them stay on that track. We'll see though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.