Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

racepres

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
central Michigan
Got me a HP deskwriter 320 off that big auction site. Problems start with the software for it. Downloaded a driver in hqx from HP (all that I could find) and it seems to be nothing more than a circle jerk ... makes a sea which makes a image which makes a sea!!! I know "what do I expect from HP"? but I wanna use this printer on the road etc.. cause it is very compact. Using OS 8.1 and 8.6 and 9.(1 something, aint by that machine right now) none of these machines can make that software work, downloaded 2 or three versions on 3 different machines... I give up... Help please.... Marty

racepres

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
central Michigan
Got 'er

Sun Baked .. Thanks for your input, I knew that disk copy was how to open a image but must have needed that push ... The darn thing would only work if the hqx was opened w/ stuffit 6.0 or newer?? then only one of the three hqx versions I came up w/ worked anyway... Just lucky that I got a couple of bad combinations right up front!!! Anyway ... version tracker was the way to go for anyone interrested... Thanks again and keep 'er up... Marty :D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
It is on Apple's site, somewhere.

But sometimes it's a whole heck of a lot easier to just use Version Tracker, instead of spending the time trying to find where Apple moved the legacy apps to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.