Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vix2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
after installing Mojave I had bad keyboard issues rendering the MBA unusable. The only option was to erase the ssd and downgrade to high Sierra. I made a bootable usb but it wasn’t recognised in recovery so I had to revert to lion the original operating system. Unfortunately, to do this I need to sign in to my Apple ID, and as the @ key isn’t working I can’t do it. This is turning into a nightmare, can anyone give me any suggestions please?

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
some things to maybe try:

-in the status bar in the top right if there is the little flag for input sources, see if you can open keyboard preferences and show the onscreen keyboard

-if that doesn't work I think there is an option to access the terminal in recovery mode. the command: open -a KeyboardViewer might work to get the onscreen keyboard as well?

if you get the viewer, it doesn't show @ by default, but should appear in the viewer if you hold down shift (assuming that key works!)

good luck!

vix2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
image.jpg
So, I’ve just bought a usb keyboard and good news, it works. Bad news is that the original is x is Lion and after signing in to my Apple ID to reinstall this is what I get

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
View attachment 795491 So, I’ve just bought a usb keyboard and good news, it works. Bad news is that the original is x is Lion and after signing in to my Apple ID to reinstall this is what I get
This is very common at the begin of a download. The indicated time gets shorter and shorter until it reaches an acceptable value to finish the download.
One should not be scared by ridiculous long time values which might appear at the very beginning of a download.
Ed

Reactions: crjackson2134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.