Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Thought I'd throw this in here...who doesn't like free games!?

Destiny 2 is currently available for free on Battle.net.

Bungie and Activision have announced that the full Destiny 2 base game for PC is now a free gift for all new players on Blizzard Battle.net. For the first two weeks of November, anyone who does not already own the PC game will have the opportunity to claim it as a gift through their Battle.net account.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bli...y-2-pc-free-on-battle-net-through-november-18

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Thanks for the heads-up.

Even though I have it for PS4, I'm on my Gaming PC more so I can play it there (plus mouse & keyboard support).

Nice of them to do this -

Before Destiny 3 for iOS and Android, I guess... :eek:

;)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
4 Years later is anyone playing this?

E6857B62-C1E0-4858-8AA0-1E03C2AD215A.jpeg

Destiny2 a MMO by Bungie, of Marathon and Halo fame, I’m in the process of checking it out, not commited by any means.

Set on Mars I think. The first quest is as a Guardian who “died” and was found by a ghost, and revived. I need to look at the lore of this game. The ghost is a small flying mechanical device which gives you both info and directions.

The first mission is to get to a ship and return to the city, on Mars (I think), but there are people without helmets, so I’m not sure if there was some terraforming, or you‘re not on Mars.

You end up working your way to an area to someone who gives you more quests. Combat is fun so far, AI seems decent and responsive in fights. however I started 3 different classes and ran them though the first quest and damned if I can tell much difference between them as far as capabilities on a basic level.

They all have a melee attack which varies a bit for each class and can be charged and projects to attack multiple enemies. It’s possible the difference in fighting abilities emerges in specialties, and one I think functions like a tank, I’ll assume the armor is different, but that is not certain at this point either.
Any interest?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX

Destiny2 a MMO by Bungie, of Marathon and Halo fame, I’m in the process of checking it out, not commited by any means.

Set on Mars I think. The first quest is as a Guardian who “died” and was found by a ghost, and revived. I need to look at the lore of this game. The ghost is a small flying mechanical device which gives you both info and directions.

The first mission is to get to a ship and return to the city, on Mars (I think), but there are people without helmets, so I’m not sure if there was some terraforming, or you‘re not on Mars.

You end up working your way to an area to someone who gives you more quests. Combat is fun so far, AI seems decent and responsive in fights. however I started 3 different classes and ran them though the first quest and damned if I can tell much difference between them as far as capabilities on a basic level.

They all have a melee attack which varies a bit for each class and can be charged and projects to attack multiple enemies. It’s possible the difference in fighting abilities emerges in specialties, and one I think functions like a tank, I’ll assume the armor is different, but that is not certain at this point either.
Any interest?
I play off and on. It is meh...

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022

Any interest?

Seeing as it's one of the top 20 most played games on Steam and Sony bought Bungie to make them a 1st party Playstation Studio, yeah I'm pretty sure people still play it, especially when they just had a trailer for the next expansion.

Also NECROMANCER

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't play this game, but looking at steam stats and we see a 30 day average of 42,437 and today is showing 60,589. I'd say its a fairly popular game.
I can't offer any details of the health, or how fun it is (or isn't) because I never really played the game.
1670868598567.png

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Seeing as it's one of the top 20 most played games on Steam and Sony bought Bungie to make them a 1st party Playstation Studio, yeah I'm pretty sure people still play it, especially when they just had a trailer for the next expansion.

Also NECROMANCER
I don't play this game, but looking at steam stats and we see a 30 day average of 42,437 and today is showing 60,589. I'd say its a fairly popular game.
I can't offer any details of the health, or how fun it is (or isn't) because I never really played the game.
View attachment 2127271
Yes, but my post asked about here, looking for local insight! :)

I have about 6 hrs into the game, and just made it out of the starter zone. Combat is fairly easy, fun and soloable so far with powerful accurate weapons. They all have guns. A nice big map too. I’ve been playing coop with my son, fun, and so far no catastrophes. I’ve not yet died in combat. But I can’t say I’m vested in it.

I’ve started the 3 classes, Titan (tank), Hunter (DPS), and Wairlock (DPS) And gotten 2 of them though the starter zone. All of the combat has played out just about the same. The Titan’s special attack seems to be more powerful then the other 2 at this early stage of the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.