Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I am looking to wipe these phones clean, and sell and or donate them, and I want to be sure they are unlocked. /is there a way I can see this on them? I looked up some content online about the iPhone 5s, and I looked at the description from when I first bought it. It said unlocked, but I have had T-Mobile pay-go plan on it.

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
You don’t have to worry about the 3GS. The 3G cellular network is in the process of being shut down by the end of the year. It’ll no longer work as a phone since it’s not capable of using 4G.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Did an IMEI check, it seems ok, I have gone into the settings and about, and there is a place for carrier, and it says the carrier T-Mobile (what I was using with it), I still have the old sim card in it, but I do not see anything that says SIM lock Etc. It has iOS 12.5.5, so I am not sure exactly where this status would be revealed. All my searches have turned up for looking in iOS 15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.