Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
What was the delay from the win to the Mac release of DX: Human Revolution? I only got it when it was out as the GOTY edition and I really enjoyed it.

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
Wikipedia says the OS X port released on April 26, 2012. The version released was the "Ultimate Edition", including all pre-order content in addition to downloadable content (DLC) released the previous year.

The Windows release was in August, 2011.

What was the delay from the win to the Mac release of DX: Human Revolution? I only got it when it was out as the GOTY edition and I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: ErikGrim

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
I appreciate how they wanted to take the core greatness of Human Revolution and expand on it, but I'm really worried that they've taken it too far. I'm about 5 hours in and have not moved the main story forward beyond reaching the first hub world. It's been Deus Ex: Sidequests. In Human Revolution, the sidequests were nice distractions of just the right length with little to no implications in the main story. So far in Mankind Divided, I have a feeling that the sidequests will have ramifications so I don't feel like I can skip them, which is slowing the pace of the game to a dull slog.

As long as I'm complaining, the hacking minigame that was superb in Human Revolution takes one step forward with the addition of new tools and two steps back with 1) a more finicky interface and 2) percentages that need to be re-balanced. If a node I hack has a 30% chance of me getting caught, I should be successfully capture it 70% of the time, but in the time I've played, the complete opposite has been true, to the point where it's bordering on unfair.

There are also a few technical issues that need sorting, but they're nothing game breaking.

Overall first impression: 7/10.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
All the reviews so far mention the disappointing main plot and the abrupt ending. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to wait for the Ultimate Edition with the DLC integrated into the story?

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Now that I finally made it to the second hub world (after about 10 hours, literally 8 of which were sidequests), the game has opened up and I'm having a lot more fun. Of the half-dozen or so side missions in the first hub, there was only one that I truly enjoyed. I have a gut feeling that, were it not for them, however, people would be complaining that the campaign would be too short. Time will tell, but now I'm much more looking forward to diving back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.