Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Just wanted to give an FYI about Apple's stance on Developer accounts. My developer account expires 7/10/2015. I chose to renew it when I logged in grab the iOS9 file on June 8th. I paid the $99 at this time.

Fast forward to today. I'm still on last year's access because my account for the previous year doesn't expire until 7/10/2015. I tried to cancel the renewal since I will no longer need developer access soon. Apple denied me saying I already used the services (downloaded iOS9) so there are no refunds when you used the developer tools. I tried to argue that I'm still using the tools under the previous years agreement so they pretty much said, sorry, no refunds on developer accounts ever.

I can see if I used the assets past July 10 but before, I don't quite get. No big loss really. I don't mind paying the $99 and will cancel next year but just wanted to point it out that apple doesn't ever give refunds on these renewals, even if your new term hasn't started yet.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So after being told I absolutely cannot cancel and me complaining they sent me an email this morning simply stating. "Your request has been processed and order canceled. Thanks"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.