Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Well, it's alt-space for me as cmd-space changes my keyboard language but yes, "Spotlight Search".

I can type in the app name, any app name, and Spotlight finds it immediately and opens a Finder window to highlight it. Yeah, thanks Spotlight!

Internet Enzyme

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
Just tried it again and was able to open 3 different apps that were not previously running... Just to confirm, you're talking about doing the CMD+SPACE keys and typing the name of an installed app, correct?

It's worked in both beta 1 and beta 2.

Very strange that it's not working for everyone.

Yup. ‘⌘ + “Space”’ and then entry of ‘Spotify’ lends every kind of result but the actual application itself, with my Spotlight settings having ‘Applications’ checkmarked.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Yup. ‘⌘ + “Space”’ and then entry of ‘Spotify’ lends every kind of result but the actual application itself, with my Spotlight settings having ‘Applications’ checkmarked.

I have had a case or two where the '.app' was not the first item in the search results list... but the app I was searching for was in the list... scrolling down the list and selecting the app launched it, and subsequent attempts to search and launch the app worked without incident...

KRBM

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Logins in Safari, such as Macrumors forums login for me, seem to be lost after the beta 2. I have to re-enter creds each time I want to enter the forums. I look around, post, whatever, then quit/relaunch Safari, and login is gone again for MacRumors. I do check the "Keep Logged In" box, but that does not help. Other sites logins are just gone. Saved logins still work in other browsers, such as FireFox.
It seems to be Safari (v12) only, at least for me.
Same for me, and I gotta say it's rather annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.