Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I think Beta 1 worked last year w/o registering your UDID...I can't remember. But, eh, whatever. Enjoy Beta 1! I'll put it on my iPhone tonight once everything calms down.

Jamiet361

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2013
Leeds, UK
I think Beta 1 worked last year w/o registering your UDID...I can't remember. But, eh, whatever. Enjoy Beta 1! I'll put it on my iPhone tonight once everything calms down.

It did indeed, I remember installing it and showing off to all my friends :rolleyes: Hopefully that is the case this year. We'll see!

Alonso Quijano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013

I thought this ended with iOS 7.1 Betas

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Can this beta only be done via the portal? Or can we OTA?

You have never been able to upgrade to a full number beta or go from release to beta without using the portal.

B1 to B2 to B3 is typically OTA but 6.x to 7b1 or final beta to release version always requires a manual portal download. I can't access 8b1 yet. The portal is up but the 8 beta 1 part is greyed out.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is there now!

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
I wonder if this beta will be as buggy as beta 1 of iOS 7 or if because this is more app based if things will be a bit smoother to start. Either way, huge update and so excited.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I can get in the iOS Dev Center, but the iOS 8 Beta tab is grayed out. Any idea why??

I've been a developer since 2011 and have done every beta since then. I just renewed my license last month too.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to sign a new agreement, which didn't come up until I refreshed the page again. Downloading :D

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
I can get in the iOS Dev Center, but the iOS 8 Beta tab is grayed out. Any idea why??

I've been a developer since 2011 and have done every beta since then. I just renewed my license last month too.

You need to accept to new contract, it's on the same page.

ncezno

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2008
If my developer account expires in 38 days (July 11th), would I be able to continue downloading betas after that date via mirrors since my UDID would be registered already?

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Is there a new beta version of iTunes needed to install it? I was wondering if I could install this using Windows on the latest iTunes public release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.