Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Is developer tools the same as xcode2? I have tiger and can't seem to find how to install these. I want to learn to program c++ and heard it has the right tools to start with. thanks

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
Yes XCode 2 is the base application in the suit of developer stuff call the Developers tools. it should be on your Tiger DVD (the root folder should have a folder called Xcode Tools, open and install the XcodeTools.mpkg) if not i believe it is a free download on connect.apple.com. And there is a set up for programming in c++.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
dukebound85 said:
Is developer tools the same as xcode2? I have tiger and can't seem to find how to install these. I want to learn to program c++ and heard it has the right tools to start with. thanks
Xcode 2 is a part of the developer tools, but there is much more to it, including Interface Builder, documentation, sample code, and utility applications, so you should definitely install the whole thing even though you can download Xcode separately from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.