Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamiednm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
I'm sure there are some Apple Developers around here...

I'm a registered iOS developer and am currently redesigning my website. Does anyone know if enrolled developers are able to use the iOS icon on their website? I know the Android icon is free to use, but cannot find anything official on the iOS icon - even on the Apple Developer website.

Thanks

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
If you look at the App Store Marketing Guidelines, it specifies how and how not you may use Apple's trademarks and logos.

Basically, you can't use Apple's logo or the word 'iOS' on it's own. You have to use the 'Download on the App Store' badge, or reference the App Store in words (e.g. 'Download it from the App Store', or 'Available on the App Store', though you can't say it's 'downloadable' or it's on the 'iOS App Store'.)

You may use the App Store logo but only where appropriate, for example in a list of social media services with similar sized badges like FB and Twitter.

barbarahathcock

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2015
Apple specifies its own set of rules regarding the use of their trademark images. You can use their app store icon only when displaying a lineup of media icons with similar size or shape. The app logo cannot be used alone. You have to use the download on the app store badge for any marketing related news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.