Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafy_GZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2022
Hi everyone,

I would like to share with the community a recent experience with Devialet Phantom I, see if anyone got trouble using that high-end speakers with MacOS.

Here the situation: I am looking for get working a pair of Devialet Phantom I on MacBook Air 2020 (M1 Silicon) running MacOS Ventura… But I get disappointed for months since I didn’t manage to pair successfully my outstanding speakers on MacBook Air… However I install Devialet Air driver and link the two speakers to the router with RJ45 Cat.8 cable.

I recently found out that it may be a solution to unified and have stereo speakers rendering with Airfoil. So I purchased the Airfoil software solution in order to fix my speaker’s issue since Devialet haven’t released suitable driver for MacOs platform to pair my speakers natively on MacOS computers. So, I strictly followed the tutorial from Airfoil website to install ACE sound system control and Airfoil software on my system. If I did succeed in creating a speaker group and tried many options with my two speakers BUT I am still experiencing trouble:

• My speakers are not well synchronized
  • The sound is not stable, lake of sync
  • The music pace and rhythm are clearly unbalance and abnormal.

This problem often occurs when I use the cdrom (external USB combo) with Music and VLC but also Qobuz or other web resource media.

As I already invest a lot of time and money on that sound system, wide band internet connection, audio wired system and IT configuration… I need to get my MacBook Air laptop working with speakers whatever my music source come from, I wish I can enjoy a high-quality sound.

I have an old iPad, and thanks to the iOS Devialet driver I can manage to listen some music in high quality, but the most part of my discography is on audio cdrom and external drive. So I cannot get rid of my computer and switch on mobile device, that is why I must use the MacBook Air. I try the previous Intel version of MacBook Air 6,2 with the same unsatisfied result. I bet the problem in not only related to my laptop but the entire MacOS environnement (MBA Intel running Big Sur have the same issue).

Any advices or suggestion is welcome… I am ready to perform advanced sound system setting and must be able to use to terminal or even deepen system configuration tools in case of need.

Best Regards and thanks in advance if any chance for help!

my sound system configuration:

- Devialet Phantom I X2
- 2x RJ45 cat 8, 40 Gbps, 2000Mhz, 30AWG.
- Devialet Air 4.0 for MacOS
- Apple MacBook Air M1 2020, 8G RAM, processeur Apple Silicon, MacOS Ventura (upgrade from Big Sur)
- Airfoil 5.11.4

Rafy_GZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2022
👆 UP guys, need help please!
Did anyone have successfully installed and paired Devialet Phantom I (previously Gold, Opera de Paris) with iMac, MacBook or or other MacOs running computer ?
I can't believe everyone is listening music at home with pad or phone...
Thanks for any comment or feedback.
Cheers and a nice weekend to everyone.

Rafy_GZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2022
Since no one reply I will share the answer:
in case you are looking pairing 2 Devialet you first need to make a group on iPad with Devialet App, then the macOS system will recognize the group as a stereo speaker. No more sync pb.

----------FIXED-------------

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.