Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerekHHI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2021
I’m only a couple weeks into HomeKit, including two mini’s, my Apple TV, the August SmartLoc, some Nanoleaf lamps and 12 Lutron Caseta devices.
Everything set up perfectly, but being a HomeKit newbee I did not record and keep the device codes in case of a failure.
Unfortunately, I tossed all the packaging. (Thankfully, the Nanoleaf codes are on the bulbs and easy to get.)
I didn’t realize that the codes were not recorded as part of the setup, and want to use HomePass as a code backup.
Do I have to go through the painful process of pulling all my Lutron devices out of the wall, writing down the codes, then reinstalling them, or is there an easier way? Thanks.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
On the Lutron, you only need the code for the bridge, since it's the go-between for HomeKit with the individual switches. The bridge code might also be somewhere underneath the bridge. Hope this helps.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
HomePass is a great app. If you have an Apple Watch, it’s even better since you can see the code while doing the setup on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.