Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtuallyInsane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Late last year, I bought a new iPhone 14 Plus, and it has an Apple cover on it (the red, silicone case) to match my red iPhone. It charges fine through the cable supplied, but a few years back (maybe one or two, not sure), I bought a wireless charging 3-in-1 station that had a charger for my Apple Watch, a lightning cable for my then iPod Touch/Airpods, and a wireless charging receiver for a then iPhone 11.

It all worked well, but the wireless charging suddenly stopped. I tried to charge my 14 plus on it, and it receives no signal. I can still charge my Apple Watch with no problem, but what happened to the phone? Is it incompatible, or something? Is it too big? Do I need a special charger for the iP14+?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Bajanmonkey

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2022
Late last year, I bought a new iPhone 14 Plus, and it has an Apple cover on it (the red, silicone case) to match my red iPhone. It charges fine through the cable supplied, but a few years back (maybe one or two, not sure), I bought a wireless charging 3-in-1 station that had a charger for my Apple Watch, a lightning cable for my then iPod Touch/Airpods, and a wireless charging receiver for a then iPhone 11.

It all worked well, but the wireless charging suddenly stopped. I tried to charge my 14 plus on it, and it receives no signal. I can still charge my Apple Watch with no problem, but what happened to the phone? Is it incompatible, or something? Is it too big? Do I need a special charger for the iP14+?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Have you tried a different phone, to eliminate the charger being a problem?

VirtuallyInsane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Have you tried a different phone, to eliminate the charger being a problem?

Thank you for your suggestion, but, it wasn't the problem. My brother's iP13 ran on it fine. It turned out that the problem was that the phone wasn't resting in the charging area properly and now it charges fine.

Geoff777

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2020
Thank you for your suggestion, but, it wasn't the problem. My brother's iP13 ran on it fine. It turned out that the problem was that the phone wasn't resting in the charging area properly and now it charges fine.

I had that problem - it needed micro-millimetre accurate positioning to work! Slightly off and it wouldn't. Solved that by getting a case with a magnetic ring in the back (like Apple's but cheaper!) and it works a charm..... lines up first time, every time.

Reactions: VirtuallyInsane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.