Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I have this strange problem. I have 4 Netatmo healthy home coaches. For months I could see data from all 4 on both my ipad and iPhone. Since yesterday I get an "device not responding" for one of the devices on my iPad. On my iPhone however everything is working fine. All 4 devices are also visible in Netatmo's app.

i already tried restarting my iPad and reconnecting the Netatmo device which didn't help. It must be something in Apple's HomeKit. I don't understand I see the device in HomeKit on my iPhone while getting an error at the same time in HomeKit on my iPad.
Anyone any ideas?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Had this same problem using an old iPad Air 2 16GB as a wall mount. This also caused the devices (two Leviton switches in my case) to randomly stop working properly until I removed the iPad from my Home. After that, they worked great. What kind of iPad is it?

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Had this same problem using an old iPad Air 2 16GB as a wall mount. This also caused the devices (two Leviton switches in my case) to randomly stop working properly until I removed the iPad from my Home. After that, they worked great. What kind of iPad is it?

It is a 2020 iPad Pro 12.9". How do you remove an iPad from home? I removed and re-installed the Home app but that didn't help.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
It is a 2020 iPad Pro 12.9". How do you remove an iPad from home? I removed and re-installed the Home app but that didn't help.
Probably not the same issue I was having then. I had the iPad running under a separate AppleID and removed it’s invitation but this doesn’t seem like your case.
Try rebooting your router.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
if you've got a homekit hub like an appletv, try unplugging and replugging power to that while you're doing your router.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Probably not the same issue I was having then. I had the iPad running under a separate AppleID and removed it’s invitation but this doesn’t seem like your case.
Try rebooting your router.

I don't think rebooting my router will help as it is working on my iPhone. Also, the Netatmo app on my iPad sees the device. The device solely does not show up in the Home app on my iPad (whereas 3 other same devices do). So I think the problem is with the Home app and/or iCloud.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Well, I just checked my Home app, and the device shows up on my iPad. I didn't change anything. But I'm glad it's working again :)

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
And now it stopped working on my iPhone :(, while it is still working on my iPad. Strange. I can see the device in my network and the Netatmo app is still receiving data. So it must be something in HomeKit itself or maybe iCloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.