Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wimbre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
Hi,

I have a number of devices that I can control with Homekit:

1.Philips Hue lights (via Philips Hub)
2.Xiaomi motion sensors (via Xiaomi hub)
3.Xiaomi water sensor (via Xiaomi hub)
4.Homepods
5.Eneco Toon
6.Outdoor lighting (via Sonos/Ewelink)
7.Bosch dishwasher.

The strange thing is that I can no longer access devices 5 to 7 via Homekit. The outdoor lighting cannot be turned on/off, Eneco does not show the degrees.

However, I can control them through Homebridge and I can see the temperature of the Toon nicely and turn the outdoor lighting on/off.

I removed them from Homekit and tried to add a new Bridge to Homekit but without suc6.

Under "Hubs and Bridges" in Homekit, I see:

• Home hubs: 2 x HomePod, 1 x Apple TV hub
  • Bridges: 1 x Philips Hue and 1 x Aqara hub.
I don't see the bridge I'm referring to, so I can't remove it.

When I choose "New Accessory," I have the option to scan or choose "More Options." If I choose the second option, I see the hubs "In the neighborhood." There are two more hubs there: 1 x Homebridge 575E 4E50" and 1x Mac mini.

The Homebridge 575E 4E50 is the bridge that is visible in the Homebridge browser version. In the bar, it says "Homebridge 575E" and in the config file it says "name": "Homebridge 575E".

In Homekit, I can see all the devices that are linked to the aforementioned hubs/bridges, but not the ones linked to the Homebridge 575E.

Does anyone have experience with this and more important how to solve it?

Last edited:

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
Have you rebooted the Home hubs (Home Pods & Apple TV) yet?

Some have reported success by rebooting their router. But the trick is that you have to power down all Home hubs before rebooting the router. Then only power up the Home hubs after the router is back online.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
first you need to determine which device is the Home Hub.
Home/Home Settings/Home Hubs & Bridges

From there you can either see what the problem is...or determine which device is the home hub ("connected"). Then try reseting that device...95% of the time this resolves the issue.

If it doesnt then turn off all the hubs and bring just one up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.