Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowbrdr1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
New York State
I have tried hundreds of times to get my Ipod touch into DFU mode, however it isn't working. I've even used the exact timers. I have the 3rd gen model (32 gig). I'm currently running Ios 4.1. Therefore i cannot use jailbreakme. So since i can't enter DFU mode i have no way of jailbreaking my device. Is there a computer program that can boot your device into DFU mode for you? if not then i guess im just out of luck.

Garbag3man117

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2011
Lafayette, IN
I've had lots of trouble putting 3rd gens into DFU. Try to run out the battery (eg. full brightness and spawnHD so you don't burn the image in), then try to boot to DFU when the low battery sign appears at boot. That worked for me. If not, maybe your lock button is stuck or something, I don't know. I guess you could try to update it, and when iTunes puts your device into DFU by itself, unplug your iPod, close iTunes, and plug it in. You could give that a try but I have my doubts that it would work.

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
There are programs you can download that do it for you, just google DFU mode program, there are a few, ill see what I can find and post back here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.