Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
now, i searched atleast 5-6 pages under 'Diablo Crash' because i didn't feel like asking the same **** thats been said before, but alas, i still couldn't find any help. i just got my video to work, and now when im in a game with other people, for some reason, it just crashes. if im alone in a game though it works fine. any ideas? solutions? thanks alot. and sorry if this has been asked before.:D

edit: i was just in korea for a month and all the computers they have at their places run without using cd's (diablo included). can i do this on a mac?

hail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
ive got a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 mHz OSx iMac. since nobodies responding its probably because i didn't say my computer's stats.

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
Well I can't speak from experience totally since I'm running PPC, and thus don't have any risk of incompatibility due to rosetta etc., but do make sure you've got everything updated on your computer, and from what I understand you're supposed to run diablo in Software rendering, though I assume you've already done that.

I can help w/ the no CD thing, though. Assuming you purchased a copy of the game, just create a disc image of the CD using disk utility, and mount that disc image any time you want to play. It might go without saying but don't share this disc image file with anyone else, because at that point you're breaking the law.

hail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
yeah i did that a while ago (changed from openGL), im just trying to fix random crashes when im in games with other people, and ive got all the appropiate patches.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
yeah i did that a while ago (changed from openGL), im just trying to fix random crashes when im in games with other people, and ive got all the appropiate patches.

I was planning on firing up D2 later today, and I have a similar setup to you. I'll let you know how it works for me.

hail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
if your on US west we should meet up, but your probably on East.

my acct. is pey0te the 0 is a zero.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.