Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
The other day i tried to play my old diablo 2 game which always worked perfectly for me but when i put in the play disc an alert came up that said " this disc contains information that no mac OSX can read." i dont know whats wrong its the same computer and everything. any ideas?

krunch

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2005
Diablo was originally made only for OS9, you need to get the OSX version...it's called Diablo II Carbon...I think it's free if you still have your serials...do a google search for it...

donnybman08

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2007
diablo 2 install trouble shooting

I have been trying to play diablo 2, when I installed it, it went all the way through and got to the part where it does a test on a driver and everytime I do this it shuts my laptop down and then reboots it I need help bad please send me a email on what I need to do step by step and I will print it out so I may follow the directions. sincerely in need of great help donnybman08

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
@6192, sounds like your CD has had it....

@krunch, it is the OSX <i>installer</i> which is free, not the actual game.

@donnybman08, what type of Mac are you trying to run this on? I've installed it without issue on a PowerBook, and an iBook. I haven't bothered with it on my MacBook, as it runs nicely enough on the PPC-based Macs. I'm sure there are people on here, who have it running on Intel-Macs....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.