Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Super excited to get into the Diablo 4 beta - I get an error message saying my drivers are old and a newer version is available.

Launcher even quotes the driver number For my AMD 5300m. After a little research it seems that yes, my bootcamp drivers for this GPU are older than the ones available for native PCs. AMDs website warns that the latest version doesn’t work for bootcamp users!

Is this a typical issue for gaming via bootcamp?

Is there no way to update my drivers to the latest ones and play Diablo 4?

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Because Apple are NOT interested in updating/supoorting Bootcamp, Apple are now basically a phone/watch gadget seller selling the odd laptop and all in one desktop and laptops which after my experience would never buy another of either.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Super excited to get into the Diablo 4 beta - I get an error message saying my drivers are old and a newer version is available.

Launcher even quotes the driver number For my AMD 5300m. After a little research it seems that yes, my bootcamp drivers for this GPU are older than the ones available for native PCs. AMDs website warns that the latest version doesn’t work for bootcamp users!

Is this a typical issue for gaming via bootcamp?

Is there no way to update my drivers to the latest ones and play Diablo 4?
AMD considers the Radeon Pro line to be different from the Radeon RX line so the Adrenaline drivers you reference aren't for the Pro line (I don't think they would install). The messed up part is it appears no one else used the Pro 5300M so the Pro drivers likely won't install either (not listed in the product compatibility list).

Reactions: Irishman

ivion

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2019
Same for the new CoD Modern Warfare 2 for the Mac Pro 7,1 MPX graphic cards. AMD states that you have to contact Apple for any news regarding new updates : (

So, would this mean that for the MPX modules in bootcamp we're totally dependent to the grace of Apple?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Same for the new CoD Modern Warfare 2 for the Mac Pro 7,1 MPX graphic cards. AMD states that you have to contact Apple for any news regarding new updates : (

So, would this mean that for the MPX modules in bootcamp we're totally dependent to the grace of Apple?
Yup, AMD doesn't consider them gaming or standard workstation cards. So it is up to Apple.

jaapaap79

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2020
Definitely has been a while since the last Bootcamp AMD GPU driver update. With the new Mac Pro it might never happen?

AgentPotato

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2017
Los Gatos, CA
Right now, using the latest official Bootcamp drivers for my Macbook Pro, I get this warning in Diablo 4. After re-launching the game runs fine (with a little warning text in the settings area) with frame rates in the 50s at medium settings on my 2019 i9 5600m with 32GB ram. It would be nice if AMD/Apple would update the drivers to something reasonably modern...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.