Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
ive got a 2.16 GHz intel core duo 2 gb mem iMac OS x. i changed my settings from GL to the proper Rendering option in the option menu. my video works great, but, when Ever i join a game with Anyone else, i immediatley get booted out. but i can play in games bymyself.

does Anyone know how to fix this? some people said stuff about patches, so i signed up to file planet and tried to download the patch but an error message just came up so i couldn't even download it. but im pretty sure i have all the patches, i saw them auto download when i first went on bnet. where can i download the patches properly, or what else can i do to stop the crashing.

thanks alot

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Does it just crash on battle.net? If so you should know that D:2 on battle.net is crappy because everyone cheats and it becomes really biased and boring- Do people still even play D:2 on battle.net? I would think it has become boring and that everyone would've given up by now since its so old.

hail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
woh man, i dont think you understand the power or battle net and d2. its still live and kicking with exactly the same amount of people it had when it first started. Nobody can cheat either these days, Bnet just owns them and takes away there key codes. i was in korea for a month and every kid i knew there played D2 on bnet. and its still very much fun. its really hard to reach the top on battlenet, so you have Magic find and get powerful caracters, tradeing etc etc. its Really really hard to get a good account, thats why i always start from the bottom and work my way to the top. its the only game i can play.

but anyways, nobody knows how to fix this crashing problem!? :(:(:(:(:(

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Try DLing the patch 1.10[x] I think. Be sure you get the LOD patch and then reinstall the game. Just save your 'save' folder in the D2 files so you can keep all your old characters. Lets hope all goes well.

pieman02

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2007
Wait so you are using the software video now? Is that the option that you meant? Cause I know one of those options would just make your little guy explode into a million pieces when you join a game :eek:

Also maybe that patch that drops people from games because it lags a bit (tryin to prevent dupes) has something to do with it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.