Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wang259

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
hey all, i have a 15" mbp, bought it last year. I just installed diablo 2 lod and the install went smoothly but when i try to open it, the beginning screens (that say blizzard entertainment and all that) go by fine. however, when i get to the main screen (where i can choose single player, multi player, etc.) the screen gets all jumbled and distorted and i cant even see my mouse or anything. does anyone else have this problem or know how i could fix it?

ps my hardware test went fine

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
hey all, i have a 15" mbp, bought it last year. I just installed diablo 2 lod and the install went smoothly but when i try to open it, the beginning screens (that say blizzard entertainment and all that) go by fine. however, when i get to the main screen (where i can choose single player, multi player, etc.) the screen gets all jumbled and distorted and i cant even see my mouse or anything. does anyone else have this problem or know how i could fix it?
Try setting the renderer to Software in the prefereces (if you can see the preferences...I think you can hold down Option when launching to get some options).

wang259

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
thanks! that worked perfectly
do you know if theres anyway to make it run in widescreen?

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
Try setting the renderer to Software in the prefereces (if you can see the preferences...I think you can hold down Option when launching to get some options).

Wonder if the mods can sticky the "run D2 in software under Intel" point? Seems to come up every 1-2 weeks.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
thanks! that worked perfectly
do you know if theres anyway to make it run in widescreen?
Not sure about that. Last I knew it only ran in 4:3 aspect. I think originally just 640x480 and then they might have patched it to run at 800x600. It's possible there was a patch that enabled it to run in widescreen but I never heard of it. Widescreen (first Titanium PowerBooks) was just barely introduced while D2 was still being played a lot, I don't think many people had machines capable of it at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.