Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airborne-Ape

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
There's no affiliate links here. I just want to help other watch owners by showing a professional DIY alternative to Cape Cod wipes or Mothers mag polish. I haven't found anyone else on the internet post Dialux Apple Watch polishing photos, so I tagged these to appear with a Google search.

I usually opt for Stainless Steel watches over any other material or coated alloy because Stainless Steel can easily be restored after it inevitably scratches.

I opted for:
Stage 1 - Grey
Stage 2 - Orange
Stage 3 - Blue
Stage 4 - Green

The Orange isn't really needed. Grey, Blue, Green Dialux compounds with a Milwaukee M12 Rotary or Dremel will work great. Look at the chart below or lookup Dialux polishing tutorials on YouTube for more details of the different compound applications.

It took about 90 minutes with a single M12 charge. I used different buffing pads for each polish and cleaned the watch between stages.

Tools:

Dialux.jpeg

Before:

Before.jpeg

Stage 1 Grey:

G.jpg

Stage 2 Orange:

Orange.jpeg

Stage 3 Blue:

Blue.jpeg

Stage 4 Green:

Green 2.jpeg

After:

After.jpg

Polish Chart:

Dialux.png

Last edited:

Airborne-Ape

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
The original post was my Series 5 in 2020. This is my Series 7 in 2023.
Different year, different watch, same great results.

Count me in on team 'No Case'! Apple watches have proven to me time and time again that they're seriously tough as is. It was time to give this little work horse a well deserved multi-stage cut and polish.

My next watch might be an Apple Watch Ultra 2 but I will forever be a fan of these Stainless Steel regular series.

Before:
Series 7, Stainless Steel, after 3 years without a case, worn to construction sites, to the gym, under vehicles and in the ocean regularly.

IMG_5093.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5095.jpeg

After:
Same watch after 90 minutes of specifically-formulated jewelry-grade cutting compound and polish.
Dialux Grey followed by Dialux Blue seems to work best with this substrate.

IMG_5100.jpeg

IMG_5102.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.