Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Arkadiusz Młynarczyk (forum name: myiphone) has created a web-based game designed for the iPhone called Diamenty.

The web based game is a clone of PopCap's Bejeweled and provides an impressive interface for an entirely web/javascript game.

He is also the author of http://sudoku.myiphone.pl/, a Suduko port also designed for the iPhone.

Pyrix

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2003
UK
That is one impressively sexy interface! Although two of the gems are very similar in colour, which is annoying...

Damn, I'm picky...

leviut

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
Austin
oh wow!

it works with the touch screen and everything! this guy must be a genius to make this!

loves it!:D

brandon6684

Dec 30, 2002
Nice games, just the kind of time killers you want on a phone/mobile device, but it still really sucks that you have to have an internet connection for them.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Let the score wars begin... who can beat me, iPhone or not, if your on Safari, you may ;)

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 275

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Using this game on the mac with safari, and a real mouse works great

on the iphone it is much harder, unless you have little skinny fingers, if you tap the jewels, the screen can magnify, then you have to wait for the resolution to render before you can make a move. I think this is a wonderful start, and encourage all developers to continue their work. I am just torn, apple has made their iphone safer from bugs (ask any palm user) but yet makes games like this much harder. On my treo you install an app, like bejeweled, and it is yours for when YOU CAN'T get online. you will NEVER be able to play a time waster game while on an airplane.

sorry for the rant, by the way, once you get used to the touchscreen keypad, you can type pretty fast, i just impressed myself

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
i love playing the game! its addictive.

if you want to play while you are on the subway or away from EDGE, load it up in safari first. you can also play it in airplane mode. Just hit "cancel" when the message box pops up.

of course this means you can only get one game so you better make it good.

EDIT: actually you can hit New Game even in airplane mode.

myiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Poland
Using this game on the mac with safari, and a real mouse works great

on the iphone it is much harder, unless you have little skinny fingers, if you tap the jewels, the screen can magnify, then you have to wait for the resolution to render before you can make a move. I think this is a wonderful start, and encourage all developers to continue their work. I am just torn, apple has made their iphone safer from bugs (ask and palm user) but yet makes games like this much harder. On my treo you install an app, like bejeweled, and it is yours for when YOU CAN'T get online. you will NEVER be able to play a time waster game while on an airplane.

sorry for the rant, by the way, once you get used to the touchscreen keypad, you can type pretty fast, i just impressed myself

I fixed it, iPhone shouldn't try to zoom screen anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.