Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Some of you may have seen this one, but I figured I'd inaugurate this forum with a movie I made of my son last year.

Diaperzilla

Diaperzilla 2 is in the can, but I haven't had time to edit it yet.

D

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I wanted to be the first to post a video, but a video from my Quadra is not of the quality people expect here :p

Nice work on the video.. I viewed part of the clip, but i am downloading the full movie now..

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
Nice job bud. I remembered you showing me some of this a few months back.

I'll have to post some pics of my liitle monster soon. :)

- Doc

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Heh, glad you guys like it - it was more fun making, actually. And I sent the link to my wife at work and she couldn't stop laughing when she called me about it.

Diaperzilla 2 : Diaperzilla VS. The Abominable Snowman is next. I just have to get a couple good sound bytes....

D

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
That is hilarious Mr. Anderson. I was laughing my *** off. I think that I am going to have to send that to my teacher who is pregnant, loves to do vid. editing, and has a 20inch iMac. Maybe give her some ideas...:p

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The movie could have been taken to the next level with star wipes and page peel transitions. So far, it's been a valiant effort. Good job.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Also I may want to add, DO NOT SHOW this movie to him. Keep it secret. Show it on the 100' holographic plasma display at his wedding reception. That would be a priceless moment.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Lacero said:
Also I may want to add, DO NOT SHOW this movie to him. Keep it secret. Show it on the 100' holographic plasma display at his wedding reception. That would be a priceless moment.

That's exactly what I'm going to do - already planned it. I'm going to redo it and put it on a DVD when I get DVD Pro and add it to all the others I make over the next couple years. I've got some good ideas to use.

If you want to see a couple others....

Diaperzillas my favorite so far....

D

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You should archive the original DV video files. Who knows what sort of new technology comes out in 25 or so years that could enhance the video. We're already seeing the emergence of tools to transform video images into Dimensionalized™ 3D imagery, such that soon it will be available on personal computers.

With that said, you should look at retaining the color of the original edit, since by that time, you might change your mind, like Lucas changes his mind.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
virividox said:
hahaha it would be great when you show it at his wedding hahaha omg he would probably poop himself again!!!

Think of his bride :D

I'd have everyone rolling on the floor - because you know this is just the beginning :D

As for the originals - when I get a new machine that has a blue laser dvd writer, all the video tape is getting archived.

D

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Great movie! Very cute and funny.

Only thing it needs are crashing sound effects when he knocks the "buildings" over.

Kudos!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Geeze.. cute..

Anyone know what song it is that samples the beginning of the Godzilla soundtrack? The "dum dum dum dum" (yeah that translates well :rolleyes: )part?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
slu said:
Great movie! Very cute and funny.

Only thing it needs are crashing sound effects when he knocks the "buildings" over.

Kudos!

Ah, good idea! I'm going to redo it when I get the new version of FCP Studio and burn a full size to DVD along with the other ones and a few more that are in the works.

The sound track was all stuff I found online and they're from the original Godzilla movie.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.