Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
Did anybody else notice this. I went to the Mac OS X part of version tracker and clicked on the Mac OS X Modem Update. It said in its list of computers that it was for teh Dual 1 GHz and the Dual 1.5 GHz mirrored doors. Just some typo, just thought of it being interesting.

iJon

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Just a typo I am sure. (A typo I have made myself once even). PowerMacs deffinately wont be updated any time soon.

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
haha, yeah i know it is a typo, just wondering if anyone else caught it.

iJon

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Originally posted by mmmdreg
but it says that at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120157 as well so maybe it isn't..
Sometimes a goof is just a goof and nothing more. If the Dual 1.5 GHz machine were a shipping product, the KnowledgeBase reference to it would be of no consequence. If it were a future product, then Apple would simply incorporate the update in the installed OS before it ships. No update would be necessary. Furthermore, you will notice that there is no reference to the dual 1.25 GHz machines. Clearly, this is a mistake. The only logical explanation is that the typist omitted the "2" in "1.25 GHz.

Go back to sleep now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.