Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NY
So this isn't my first rodeo with Apple iPhone pre-orders; I've been pre-ordering ever since the 4s and was part of the iUP for years until last year when I got the Apple Card. This week, I "pre" pre-ordered a total of 4 iP 13 Pros; 2 for my family and assisted relatives. All were using the Apple Card (not sure if that was the issue?). When the store came online today and we all attempted to use the Store App...the "Complete your pre-order" screen popped up and then immediately disappeared, with no way to get back to it. Force closing the app and opening it again produced the same results.

The only way I was able to pre-order was by using the calendar entry, that I luckily added for everyone, as it contained a link to the pre-order process. I'm also assuming the link from the email confirmation would have worked too. I'm shocked that in my searching, I haven't seen any complaints of this and people noted how "smooth" the process was. This was far from a smooth, pre-order experience, imo. There was no way, from the store app, to get to the pre-order completion screen...not even through my account icon > pre-orders (or whatever the submenu was called).

In the end, everyone was able to secure their orders for delivery on release day. Not really meaning for this to be a complaint post either, I'm just trying to determine if this was a wide-spread issue and if there was any link to it having to do with using the Apple Card, since I read there were issues ordering with the card or if we were just 4 unlucky users lol. I just find it weird that the issue was the pre-order completion screen would not display, versus not being able to submit/verify the card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.