Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi Mac and Apple friends. I know I shouldn't be able to upgrade to macOS Ventura w/ my Mac but did Apple just update the Mac that's compatible with it?

If they did and if I upgrade and won't break this work (crucial for work) Mac, that's amazing thank you sir Tim Cook and Apple! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 12.50.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 12.50.17 PM.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Late 2015 iMac 5K (not supported by Ventura). It's on the latest macOS Monterey.
I think it was a glitch, it's not offering to upgrade to Ventura now in Software Update.

I probably should have tried upgrading but this Mac may now have booted.

rpmurray

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2017
Back End of Beyond
Hi Mac and Apple friends. I know I shouldn't be able to upgrade to macOS Ventura w/ my Mac but did Apple just update the Mac that's compatible with it?

If they did and if I upgrade and won't break this work (crucial for work) Mac, that's amazing thank you sir Tim Cook and Apple! :)
I'm guessing that if you tried to update then you would eventually get a dialog saying your Mac in incompatible. But that you'll still be nagged to update anyway.

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
I'm guessing that if you tried to update then you would eventually get a dialog saying your Mac in incompatible. But that you'll still be nagged to update anyway.
Hi. I would guess once I rebooted, it won't boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.