Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
The clock app in iOS and iPadOS has been updated in iOS 17! We got multiple timers now!

However, macOS's clock app seems to have been abandoned after macOS 13 Beta 4 after fixing a known issue. My biggest and only issue with it is still not fixed with the Clock App inside of macOS Sonoma. (FB10086690) Apple also does say that there are "More than 10" recently reported issues related to this, and the last they updated me on the issue was October 12, 2022. Enough about the bug, just wanted to mention that I feel like Apple has either abandoned the Clock app or forgot about it.

At first when the Clock app was released for macOS, I thought it was a Catalyst app strictly due to how similar it is. Then once I became an App Store developer, I realized that it is a native Mac app likely using iOS code and optimized for macOS. I say this because of the Copyright date for Clock. Can someone who looks at the inner workings of iOS and macOS correct me if I am wrong?

macOS Sonoma did not gain multiple timers from iOS 17 likely due to it not being a Catalyst app, but as a Swift Developer myself, I probably could make a multiple timer app in about 2 hours. Why hasn't Apple ported multiple timers to the Mac? This is another example of Apple "forgetting" about the Clock app.

I use the Timers feature on my Mac the most, and I was extremely sad that I was only upgraded to using my phone for multiple timers instead of my Watch.

Thanks in advance, Willi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.