Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pprior

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
A couple days ago we had two apple watches refuse to charge. My wife's went stuck on the apple logo and wouldn't charge at all. Mine did the same and I left it overnight and it wouldn't charge the next day.

My wife went and bought a new watch (hers was 3 years old and we just assumed it died) and it came with of course a new apple charging cord. Both of our watches will charge on that new puck.

But we have a very expensive (!) Boost Charge Pro that will now not charge either of our watches.

It charges the phones, and it was working perfectly normally until just the last week or so. Another old puck also will not charge either watch so it's not just a flakey boost charge pro.

It seems highly unlikely that both of our watches failed at the exact same time, and even her brand new watch will now not charge on the boost pro.

So what's up with watch charging....???

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I've had dirt build up on the charger and affect charging.
you'll also want to clean off the back of the watch.

pprior

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Tbh, I would rather suspect a faulty charger....
I did, but multiple chargers are not working and both our watches (only) work fine on the new one from apple. The expensive Belkin one is just a month old and is charging phone properly but watch doesn't show any sign of being on a charger when attached.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.