Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
anyone know if the "tail" is longer? i bought one as soon as they were announced initially, but found it to be way too short. and i have small wrists! returned it.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I love the grey and yellow one but fifty quid? I'm not sure I love it that much! It somehow seems much more than an extra tenner. (And I know it's nothing in the greater scheme of what Brexit will mean but that doesn't make it any less annoying.)

srshaw

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
Damn annoying the price rises in the uk. Wish I'd bought one day of these sooner. I don't think ill pay £50 for me one though.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
Having now seen the grey and yellow one I'd no longer be tempted by it even without the 25% price rise; it looks much nicer on screen.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Why dont they sell the bands with color matching aluminum besides black and silver? Us gold people want bands too

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Why dont they sell the bands with color matching aluminum besides black and silver? Us gold people want bands too
Target has some of the nylon bands on their website now that show gold clasps for the royal blue, gold/red, and gold/royal blue colors. I'm not sure if these product pics are correct or not but you could maybe order one and see.

Reactions: nikster0029

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
LOL at "Space Orange". Seriously, are they even trying any more in the marketing department at Apple?
I have that band and the naming is actually correct. It simply mixes orange with dark grey but that gives you the name Dark Orange and that is most definitely not the colour of this band (it's bright orange with dark grey threads woven through it). Since Apple uses "Space Grey" for their dark grey products the name "Space Orange" reflects the actual colour much better. The thing that doesn't make much sense is the "/Anthracite" part of the name until you flip the band (the overall colour is now dark grey (or anthracite) with hints of orange).

I find the name "Toasted Coffee/Caramel" more difficult because toasted coffee differs greatly in colour (it depends on the kind of toasting and how long). There was a post from someone who bought it and found this one to be a light kind of brown. Looks like it is more caramel than toasted coffee.

You really need to see them in person. The pictures on the Apple site don't always resemble the actual colours that very well.

Reactions: tromboneaholic

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
anyone know if the "tail" is longer? i bought one as soon as they were announced initially, but found it to be way too short. and i have small wrists! returned it.

I don't know if its longer than before, but it is plenty big for me and I have definitely do not have small wrists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.