Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
Hi guys.

In my car I have a 10.25 inch Android screen installed. It’s fantastic. This screen has an app pre-installed on it called ‘Zlink’. This app allows you to connect your iPhone wirelessly to get Apple CarPlay.

Has anyone had CarPlay stop working for them while using any of the iOS 14.5 betas? Did it break CarPlay?

grahamwright1

Cancelled
Feb 10, 2008
I'm using an Android car stereo with Zlink 4.1 and its working perfectly with the latest iOS beta, BUT I'm using it wired rather than wireless.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
I'm using an Android car stereo with Zlink 4.1 and its working perfectly with the latest iOS beta, BUT I'm using it wired rather than wireless.
Great to hear.

Do you know where to go to get the latest versions of Zlink? I’m still on 3.8.

grahamwright1

Cancelled
Feb 10, 2008
Sorry, my unit came with 4.1 already installed. I did see an Upgrade button on the About box, so you might want to check your About box and see if it has that option.

Rosey896

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2021
Hi guys.

In my car I have a 10.25 inch Android screen installed. It’s fantastic. This screen has an app pre-installed on it called ‘Zlink’. This app allows you to connect your iPhone wirelessly to get Apple CarPlay.

Has anyone had CarPlay stop working for them while using any of the iOS 14.5 betas? Did it break CarPlay?
I got a new Kia Picanto last week with wireless CarPlay. It keeps disconnecting. Have been passed from pillar to post to try and sort it out but no success. Am told it’s IOS 14.5

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
I got a new Kia Picanto last week with wireless CarPlay. It keeps disconnecting. Have been passed from pillar to post to try and sort it out but no success. Am told it’s IOS 14.5
I was fortunate and wireless CarPlay in my car worked fine following the updates to both iOS 14.5 and iOS 14.5.1

For me, I have to add my iPhone to my car (via Bluetooth) in the car's default phone application. Once it's added in there I then launch the CarPlay application and after about a minute of connecting it starts to work fine, wirelessly.

For you, try and see if your iPhone is disconnecting from your car's bluetooth WITHOUT running CarPlay. If it still disconnects then CarPlay isn't the problem.

Reactions: Rosey896

Rosey896

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2021
I was fortunate and wireless CarPlay in my car worked fine following the updates to both iOS 14.5 and iOS 14.5.1

For me, I have to add my iPhone to my car (via Bluetooth) in the car's default phone application. Once it's added in there I then launch the CarPlay application and after about a minute of connecting it starts to work fine, wirelessly.

For you, try and see if your iPhone is disconnecting from your car's bluetooth WITHOUT running CarPlay. If it still disconnects then CarPlay isn't the problem.
Thank you. Kia have a software update available now. I am waiting for them arranging for it to be run on my car.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
Thought CarPlay was screwed up because Siri wouldn’t complete a sentence, but switched to a non American voice and it works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.