Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garfield2002

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2003
It would be very foolish for the seller to continue this auction. If the buyer does not pay the seller will still be responsible for the final selling price fee which will be huge. :eek: If the buyer does not come through the seller should be able to get this fee back, but it will take convincing eBay of the fraud. Having been swindled by eBay in the past it will be too much trouble in my opinion to risk the small chance that the buyer will pay up.

garfield2002

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2003
Unless of course the seller is also dishonest, which after taking another look at the auction seems very likely.

EDIT: I just realized I should have edited my last post with the new thought. Sorry for the double post.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
well given that the seller has no feedback whatsoever we could assume that the bidders are not taking him seriously and bidding high prices to screw the seller with the selling fee.

coal

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
Portland, OR
The last two winning auctions for the buyer who bid $4,800 on the iMac have been for economics textbooks. Perfect.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
this guy is an idiot.

signed up for eBay 4 years ago and has ZERO feedback.

yeah, he's truly for real.

REAL STUPID!
Q: I am not sure if you are aware but the new promotional price on this unit is only $1700 with free shipping. This is on the main apple web site. I have no idea why people would pay upwards of $5000 for this unit unless they were wasting your time. Just thought I give you a heads up. If you want a serious buyer then contact me back. Good Luck.

A: Thanks for informing me. I was thinking the same thing. But I will ride it out until the end of the auction and see what happens next. From there I will give the appropriate feedback for the person who bids and refuses to pay. But if that happens, I will relist the computer and you are more than welcome to bid on it. Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.