Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
Interested in buying the adaptor that allows me to plug my iPad Mini 4 into a TV. The MD826AM/A, Lightning Digital Video Adaptor which converts the lightning port to HDMI to plug into a TV in a hotel room.

I'm reading the reviews on Best Buy, they're all good. However on Apple.com several people have commented that the adaptor doesn't work\isn't compatible with iOS 11.

Does anyone have this adaptor and can confirm if it works or doesn't work with iOS 11? I'd rather not buy it until I hear from someone(s) here.

Thanks!

Cascades42

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2016
UK
I've had no issues. Some apps I've heard won't let their content be played on bigger screens - maybe those folks encountered that.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
I've had no issues. Some apps I've heard won't let their content be played on bigger screens - maybe those folks encountered that.

Great, thanks for the feedback! Wondering if GoodPlayer will work through it. I put all my videos in there then play them that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.