Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
The new app always shows you online (even if you disable callkit integration), and the UI came straight from Alice's Wonderland (believe me it's not a compliment). Seriously, MS, it's not cool to allow your software developers consume LSD while at work! I simply deleted the app on all my iOS devices.

Reactions: arkitect

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
The new app always shows you online (even if you disable callkit integration), and the UI came straight from Alice's Wonderland (believe me it's not a compliment). Seriously, MS, it's not cool to allow your software developers consume LSD while at work! I simply deleted the app on all my iOS devices.
I rely on it too much to delete it… BUT! The latest "update" is a POS.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I somehow missed it all. I only noticed a few days ago when people told me I was online when I couldn't have been online. I decided to check if callkit integration somehow got re-enabled. And then I saw what skype had turned into.
Pretty awful. I’m an attempt to be “cool” or “relevant” they’ve abandoned important features that folks use daily. Really awful.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
While we're on the subject:

Does anyone know how to set the default on iOS Skype so that it uses the iPhone's microphone and not automatically set to speakerphone.

It drives me nuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.