Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
w...t...f...

So I downloaded that (what is now known as) "beta" 2.0 firmware that leaked out the day before the 3G release and installed it fine to my LEGIT AT&T iPhone1 without problems. Now that I have my 3g working properly, I decided to restore my iPhone1 to the official firmware as described here on macrumors.

Well it started the restore process just fine, but it stopped with an error message towards the end saying that it couldn't complete the update because an error occurred. I disconnect my iphone which now only shows the 'connect to itunes' graphic and retry...same story...over and over.

I can't even turn the damned thing off--holding the power button only resets it and it starts back up.

Is this considered a brick? Any way to fix it?

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
w...t...f...

So I downloaded that (what is now known as) "beta" 2.0 firmware that leaked out the day before the 3G release and installed it fine to my LEGIT AT&T iPhone1 without problems. Now that I have my 3g working properly, I decided to restore my iPhone1 to the official firmware as described here on macrumors.

Well it started the restore process just fine, but it stopped with an error message towards the end saying that it couldn't complete the update because an error occurred. I disconnect my iphone which now only shows the 'connect to itunes' graphic and retry...same story...over and over.

I can't even turn the damned thing off--holding the power button only resets it and it starts back up.

Is this considered a brick? Any way to fix it?

try restoring again

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Put it in DUF mode (i think thats what its called?) by holding the home button and plugging it into the computer at the same time.

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
Yea put it in DFU mode and restore the iphone with the new 2.0 firmware (I would redownload it). If that doesn't work, restore it to the "beta" 2.0 firmware that was leaked on this site and then try to upgrade to the new 2.0 firmware.

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
Thanks guys. Got it working.

I actually manually downloaded the 1.1.4 FW and downgraded to that...then restored to 2.0. Seems to be working now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.