Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

podfrog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2016
Toronto
Maybe it's just me. Maybe I've been lucky. Can't tell, but Siri has definitely been a lot snappier responding to my requests this week.

Fingers crossed that Apple has done something on the back end to coincide with the HomePod Mini launch that also improved Siri responsiveness on the original. It has always been annoyingly slow and am hopeful this sticks!

CVC

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Southern California
I’m hoping that Apple introducing a small, relatively inexpensive speaker means that they are going to put some effort into improving Siri. If they want to compete in the space they need to

Reactions: gwhizkids

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
She's definitely way more chatty! Instead of just "done" when i tell her to turn a light on or off... she tells me exactly what she turned on or off (the kitchen light is on. the garage light is off. playing in all rooms (or playing in specific room).

JHermz

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2015
She's definitely way more chatty! Instead of just "done" when i tell her to turn a light on or off... she tells me exactly what she turned on or off (the kitchen light is on. the garage light is off. playing in all rooms (or playing in specific room).
I've noticed this as well. It used to be that if I told Siri on the Homepod to turn a light on or off that is in the same room as the Homepod, it would just do it without saying anything. Now Siri is also telling me that it was done. I liked it better before.

• Love
Reactions: caligurl

Five_Oh

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2017
Flyover Country, USA
I've see this also. However, today when I was testing some homekit stuff I set up I was issuing a bunch of commands in the space of a few minutes. She performed them all silently. I guess she was tired of answering me?

Weird.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
for me she doesn't say much if the lights are in the same room.
although occasionally she does just ramble on, about things sometimes taking longer, meanwhile all the lights have changed long before she started speaking.

but to be truly annoying "hey siri turn off the bedroom lights" "OK the bedroom light are off" (not a typo, she just uses bad grammar) although there's a weird noise, almost like she's saying the "are" too early and cutting of the "s" in lights
She says that every time, for any room, even "all the lights"

I've also notice she doesn't seem to be able to hear as well, she's missing commands that she wouldn't have a problem with in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.