Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avalanche66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
i have over 8gb's of memory being clogged from my messages(Mainly from my girlfriend). will ios8 solve this issue?

i didnt see them mention the issue. and i really do not want to restore my whole phone and lose everything

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
i have over 8gb's of memory being clogged from my messages(Mainly from my girlfriend). will ios8 solve this issue?

i didnt see them mention the issue. and i really do not want to restore my whole phone and lose everything

Just delete your messages…?

iOS8 lets you automatically delete messages after a year or 30 days.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

That issue first came to light in iOS 6.. It hasn't been addressed this far and I highly doubt it will. You can restore your phone as new or use the iBackUpBot method (Google it or search Macrumors for it). Both will get your space back right away.

The reason why the issue exists is because when you had iOS 6 installed and deleted threads, it didn't delete the attachments (Photos and videos). Those got stuck in the background and the two ways mentioned above are the only two ways to clear it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.