Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
I ordered a new iPad Pro 10" 128GB in Space Grey. I used to have the 12.9 iPad Pro but found it too big. I already have a 15" Mac Book Pro 2018 TB so I don't need another big device to carry.
I also want to use the iPad with my Mavic Pro 2... If it fits...
Let me know what/if you ordered today and why... Just curious.

Cheers
Pat

Reactions: decafjava

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Does a Tim Hortons "Double double" count?

images.jpg

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I got some halloween candy, that's about it. The iPad looks sharp, but I don't need that much power, and I also have the 10.5 iPad Pro. I suppose I could sell that and buy the new one, but what will that get me - other then less money in my bank account? I'd say that I'm content with my setup, I have a new laptop that I bought this summer and so there's really nothing more I need or want.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
No.

I will wait for reviews and (genuine) feedback.

Any new design will inevitably play host to glitches, some of which will be obvious from the outset, others that will emerge as people use the device and report on their experience.

This is the sort of stuff that will take six months to a year to address; depending on reports and feedback, the new MBA might interest me in around a year to 18 months time.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I was interested in the new Mac mini. I have the 2014 model and it works fine for my needs and it isn't having any problems. However, the new Mac mini no longer has an SD card slot and I still use that. So I won't be buying a new Mac at this time.

I think I'll stay status quo for the time being and see what they do with the iMac's whenever they refresh them. I may go for a 21" iMac later, as long as it still has the SD card slot.

As far as iPad and iPhone go, I'm keeping my 8 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7" for as long as I can. So far, they are meeting my needs adequately and I see no reason to spend a ton of money in that area.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Mac mini base model. Huge upgrade over my 2011 mini.
I do admit the Mac Mini upgrade seems like a very good one, except as Sandboxgeneral said for those who need an SD card slot it looks impressive. It will be interesting to see how the Macbook Airs do in actual use - they look good on paper though.

As I said for me no need or desire to upgrade.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I do admit the Mac Mini upgrade seems like a very good one, except as Sandboxgeneral said for those who need an SD card slot it looks impressive. It will be interesting to see how the Macbook Airs do in actual use - they look good on paper though.

As I said for me no need or desire to upgrade.
Yep. If they kept the SD card slot, I probably would be ordering it. Oh well.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
I was interested in the new Mac mini. I have the 2014 model and it works fine for my needs and it isn't having any problems. However, the new Mac mini no longer has an SD card slot and I still use that. So I won't be buying a new Mac at this time.

I think I'll stay status quo for the time being and see what they do with the iMac's whenever they refresh them. I may go for a 21" iMac later, as long as it still has the SD card slot.

As far as iPad and iPhone go, I'm keeping my 8 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7" for as long as I can. So far, they are meeting my needs adequately and I see no reason to spend a ton of money in that area.
Have u heard of USB SD card readers? ;)
lexar-lrwm04u-7000-uhs-ii-reader.jpg

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Nothing. Waiting on reviews of the Mac Mini, particularly the intergrated graphics.

I do not convert 4K video so hopefully I can use my 2013 27” iMac for Target Display Mode and save a grand if I do go Mini.

iPad Pros: nope. Waiting on steep sales for either the 10.5 or the new 11”.

Happy with my 7+

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Nothing. Waiting on reviews of the Mac Mini, particularly the intergrated graphics.

I do not convert 4K video so hopefully I can use my 2013 27” iMac for Target Display Mode and save a grand if I do go Mini.

iPad Pros: nope. Waiting on steep sales for either the 10.5 or the new 11”.

Happy with my 7+
Do you have the 2013 iMac with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M?

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Not home now, but will check. I am almost positive I bought the low end base model 2013 27” iMac from B&H.

Is that NVIDIA chip the only one that works with Target Display Mode and this Mini? Or is that NVIDIA better for graphics than the integrated chip in the new Mini?
Your machine will definitely work for target display mode. It was the later 5K iMacs that dropped support. Support was dropped because at the time Macs couldn't output to a 5K display. The video card isn't used for target display mode. The iMac becomes a monitor.

I have a maxed out iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), with the NVIDIA video card, and I don't think the Mac mini would perform as well editing video due to the integrated graphics.

Reactions: kazmac

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Well, I decided to retire my 15” 2012 cMBP and just ordered a new MacBook Air. That old laptop is getting to be a bit to schlep around anymore.

3CD395E9-B1C5-4DE7-BB7D-0A1902D96629.jpeg

Reactions: decafjava

ZStech

Suspended
Feb 3, 2019
I ordered a new iPad Pro 10" 128GB in Space Grey. I used to have the 12.9 iPad Pro but found it too big. I already have a 15" Mac Book Pro 2018 TB so I don't need another big device to carry.
I also want to use the iPad with my Mavic Pro 2... If it fits...
Let me know what/if you ordered today and why... Just curious.

Cheers
Pat
I decided to develop an acoustic system with 6 separate components (subwoofer x 2, midbass x 2 and highs x 2). Today I purchased first part of midbass section :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.