Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jthesssin

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2013
Matthews NC
Has anyone used an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner on the Watch?
I will be using this for exercise and don't really want to change bands daily (I know I didn't think ahead). I would like the ability to drop her into one of those little ultrasonic baths to clean up the sweat and what-not. I know the watch is rated for sweating and rain but would ultrasonic vibrations allow water to seep in easier? Also, I may be blind, but where is the "Search This Forum" button????
42MM Space Black Link bracelet

jmh286

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
I remember someone a few weeks ago had said they tried this, and it killed the watch. The bands should be ok.

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Has anyone used an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner on the Watch?
I will be using this for exercise and don't really want to change bands daily (I know I didn't think ahead). I would like the ability to drop her into one of those little ultrasonic baths to clean up the sweat and what-not. I know the watch is rated for sweating and rain but would ultrasonic vibrations allow water to seep in easier? Also, I may be blind, but where is the "Search This Forum" button????
42MM Space Black Link bracelet

I would NOT place the actual watch in an ultrasonic cleaner. If you have a metal band (like the Milanese), the band itself should benefit from the cleaning. Just don't submerge the watch.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Also, I may be blind, but where is the "Search This Forum" button????
At the top right of the page there is a magnifying glass below your user name. Tap that magnifying glass icon and then tap the gear that replaces it, this will give you some search options.

jthesssin

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2013
Matthews NC
At the top right of the page there is a magnifying glass below your user name. Tap that magnifying glass icon and then tap the gear that replaces it, this will give you some search options.
Yeah i found that like 12 seconds after posting :) you gotta love it :)

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Yeah so as said, there was someone here that did try this before doing any research and if I recall correctly, it killed the "activate on wrist-raise" feature, likely due to damage to the accelerometer/gyroscope as a result of the ultrasonic cleaning. Nice of them to share their results though, to prevent anyone else from making the same mistake :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.