Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
So I am not buying one anytime soon, I just don't the difference in the used panels, or if there is any? :confused: I am becoming more and more interested and the price is essentially the same with my edu discount, so if you have any knowledge about this, please share. :)

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I would do a search for this, there are a million threads that talk the differences between Apple and Dell displays to death. I think the consensus is that they use the same panels, but that a number of other factors make the Apple displays more appropriate for professionals who need a high-quality monitor. Dell's are more mass-produced for regular consumer use in that regard.

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
This thread compares the 24" Dell and 23" ACD. It also mentions the 30" Dell and ACD a couple of posts in. Basically, there is a significant difference between the 24" Dell and the 23" ACD, with the ACD using supperior panels, however, the 30" uses the same panels, so there's no difference in quality between the 30" ACD and Dell.
Buy the Dell if you want to save a few bucks.
Buy the ACD if you go for the looks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.