Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
Heres my situation. I decided to teach my grandmother Mac. However, her english while not bad, is too slow to actually be able to benifit from anything over a 200 MHz processor. So, I looked into International Preferences. I thought hell if I could switch the language to Farsi, which she can read fast; maybe then she could actually use my Powerbook to its full capacity. Well, I put it first on the list. Logged out. Nothing. Tried it again. Nothing. Then, I said maybe there just isn't Farsi support, I put it into Dansk, and nothing. THe only thing I could get to even utilize Farsi was the keyboard. I was able to easily set it up to default to Farsi with a key command to switch to English. But, is there anyway I can get her account, seperate from my own, to display Farsi? Do I just need to restart the computer? DO I HAVE TO REINSTALL OS X? If someone could let me know. That would be great. Thanks.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It sounds as though you, as so many others, have wiped out various languages as a space-saving measure. You should be able to do a custom installation to add the language support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.