Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamboknee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
I set up a user account for my wife on the same laptop. How do I give her access to the same data I use (with my user account) for certain applications?
For instance, I'd like her to be able to access the same data for YNAB that I do, same 1Password data as mine, Turbotax, etc.

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
I set up a user account for my wife on the same laptop. How do I give her access to the same data I use (with my user account) for certain applications?
For instance, I'd like her to be able to access the same data for YNAB that I do, same 1Password data as mine, Turbotax, etc.

The easiest method that I have found is Dropbox.

I know that 1Password can use Dropbox. When we started using it that was the preferred method. I don't know about your other applications.

DS

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
There is a folder at /Users/Shared that all accounts can access. That might do the trick for you.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2017-03-31_at_2_22_31_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2017-03-31_at_2_22_31_PM.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 104
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.