Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
iPhone11Pro w iOS 15.2.1: Live Photos are a waste, but its just my opinion.

I somehow shoot a LIVE Photo ever so often, my fault, my finger slips. I wish they had never been created. We have photos and video, why Live? Anyway, none of the tutorials on the web work, or are outdated. Apple has no explanation sheet to show how to convert from Live to single photo. Every time I try, Photo App slips and chooses another image from the LIVE image, not the one I want. Or I can't tell where the single image is sent: sometimes in the Live list, sometimes inside the Photo folders. What does it matter if Photo App doesn't allow me to choose correctly the image from the series.

Anyone know of a correct tutorial at Apple I can't find. Or how do you do it.

Bobcat32

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2020
Ohio
Go to photos. Select any photo that is live. Tap Edit on the top right of the display. Then On the bottom left tap the Live Photo icon (It looks like a bunch of concentric radial circles) Select from the series any photo and make that your key photo. Then tap on the top of the display directly under the front facing camera where it says “Live” and turn Live off. It will now display your Key photo and the effect won’t apply…. Now when you send it to someone Or yourself it won’t be a live photo anymore. That’s the best I can find and see… nothing more that can be done except turning it off in the future

Attachments

• 9F46AC61-1D7E-4A74-AEC6-9002D32616E3.jpeg
    9F46AC61-1D7E-4A74-AEC6-9002D32616E3.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 70

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I did all of that, except, that Camera would change the image when I turned LIVE off. That's right, I select one, Camera slips to another when I turn LIVE off. It's like it refuses to use an image I choose. It picks it's own. I think its a wasteful stupid feature and is halfway implemented.

BBDDVV

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
no such problem for me on 15.2.1, I get the manually selected picture as non-live picture with the instructions of Bobcat32...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.