Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
I used an eSIM for a trip but removed it afterwards. In the Cellular settings it keeps showing an empty secondary. And in About it still lists a digital IMEI. It's like the esim has not been fully removed. How do I get rid of it?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
IMEIs are “equipment“ identifiers permanently assigned to devices. They are device specific and cannot be removed. The IMEI has nothing to do with the SIM (subscriber identity module).

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
Ah, so the Digital IMEI is not unique to a given eSIM, but rather is unique to the phone itself?

Then my next question is, what is left over from that esim I used and removed. I use a program called Omnistat, and in the Cellular section it references the provider of the esim I used. Since I had removed it I was surprised to see it listed.

IMEIs are “equipment“ identifiers permanently assigned to devices. They are device specific and cannot be removed. The IMEI has nothing to do with the SIM (subscriber identity module).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.