Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
I purchased a new phone to replace my Xs. I was unaware of digital rights issues and am unable to transfer 130gb of music files to a new phone or anywhere. I purchased all of the music (CDs, streaming services, etc.), though according to Apple, I don't own it. Is there a way to get the files on my new phone or do I have to leave them on my old phone? If so, I can't sell the old phone and will basically have to use it as an iPod. Thanks

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If you purchased music from Apple, it will automatically be transferred to the new phone provided you use the same Apple ID on the new phone. As to music you ripped from your persona collection, you could open the music app on your older phone and Airdrop it to the new phone or use a third party app to do a phone to phone transfer.

If you have a Mac or Windows computer, you could use iMazing to transfer the music from your phone to your Msc.

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
If you purchased music from Apple, it will automatically be transferred to the new phone provided you use the same Apple ID on the new phone. As to music you ripped from your persona collection, you could open the music app on your older phone and Airdrop it to the new phone or use a third party app to do a phone to phone transfer.

If you have a Mac or Windows computer, you could use iMazing to transfer the music from your phone to your Msc.

Many thanks, I hadn't thought of a 3rd party app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.